Tuesday 19 March 2013

A bit about me..

121 days. 
Only 121 days until I graduate from university. 

I can't quite believe that my three years at Sheffield University is almost up. I remember sitting in on an introductory talk during first year, mid-freshers week with my new flatmates, as a university staff member stood at the front talking to hundreds of freshers. 
I remember her saying that the next three years would fly by. I'd heard the same talk at the start of sixth-form and nodded along absentmindedly, but she was right, I literally don't know where the time has gone! 


I've been studying for a BA Hons in Journalism Studies for the past three years and as clichéd as it sounds, I've loved every minute of it. I've met some amazing people, and had some amazing experiences.

Last April I entered a travel writing competition and won the chance of a lifetime to travel around Australia and write about it. It was without a doubt the best time of my life so far. I've also had some great work experience at a local newspaper, and even written blogs for The Independent online. 


I won't bore you with a blow by blow account of my life at university, but as a soon-to-be-graduate embarking in to the world of work in this ever challenging job market, I've created this blog to share my experiences with you.

You'll be able to read about my challenges as I apply for jobs, the experiences I have, and what life after university as a journalism graduate is like.

Hope you enjoy it. 


Twitter: @HannahBryan91

No comments:

Post a Comment